Q: Based on what you have learned to the end of Module 5, outline in point form an interdisciplinary marketing strategy you could use to promote yourself via a portfolio website.
To promote myself and my portfolio website I would look at the following marketing strategy points:
- SEO is a must to be found organically through Google searches. I started by installing and setting up Yoast SEO. I am in the process of registering my site with Google Search Console, Bing Webmaster Tools and Yandex Webmaster Tools. I will work on better defining keywords that are base or modifier keywords and working them naturally through content.
- Linking will be an important strategy to create authority, but not so much as to dilute the brand. I will continue to link externally and well as internal links throughout the site. I will check that all links are functioning and that broken links will be fixed.
- I will endeavour to post using Social Media and keep my audience engaged. I may update my site with an Instagram plugin to view my Instagram images on the site.
- In the future I will also endeavour to create a MailChimp newsletter and create a sign-up form on my site. This will also engage with the sites audience.
- If and when I want to bump up my freelance or open a store I could use Google Adwords to increase site traffic. This would be a Cost per Click payment using well researched keywords.
Published by: Andrea in DID601A